Since 2000, Sue Cleaver has played Eileen Grimshaw on Coronation Street.
According to reports, Sue Cleaver has committed to the new season of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here. The venerable character from Coronation Street is the most recent in a long list of famous people who are rumored to appear in the 2022 season.
Ant and Dec are bringing the popular ITV show back to the Australian jungle for the upcoming series after spending two years in Wales due to Covid-19 travel and filming restrictions. Olivia Atwood of Love Island and comedian Seann Walsh are two people who are rumored to be joining the cast.
Sue first appeared on the venerable ITV soap in 2000 as Eileen Grimshaw, for which she is best known. Since then, she has developed into a favorite character among Weatherfield viewers, starring in some of the dramatized storylines of the show.
Eileen has recently had to deal with dramatic relationships and failed romances involving figures like Dennis Stringer, Michael Rodwell, and Pat Phelan. She still plays a significant part and recently assisted longtime friend Sean Tully in reestablishing contact with his young son, Dylan.
In an interview with The Sun, a source said: “The bosses are thrilled to have Sue as part of the line-up this year. Sue is a very well-loved Street legend. She will be a fantastic addition and is eager to challenge herself in the jungle by stepping outside of her comfort zone.
Danny Miller, an Emmerdale actor, won the I’m A Celeb competition last year, with Sue’s Coronation Street co-star Simon Gregson coming in second.
- EastEnders spoilers: Serious danger for killer Bobby as Cindy Beale returns from the dead for revenge
- Emmerdale star hints at tragic ending for Charity Dingle as Chloe fights for Mack
- Coronation Street exit for Evelyn Plummer as she’s left heartbroken by Roy Cropper
- Emmerdale spoilers: Manpreet’s fury in injury drama
- Emmerdale clash as Manpreet Sharma’s suspicions about Claudette are confirmed