In Emmerdale, nanny Nicky (Lewis Cope) made an appearance, and Gabby (Rosie Bentham) immediately perked up like a meerkat upon seeing him. Nicky is charming, gentle, kind, and excellent at hide and seek; in other words, he makes the ideal boyfriend, and Gabby was undeniably smitten.
Nicky’s services to watch over Clemmie (Mabel Addison) and Lucas (Noah Ryan Aspinall) were no longer required when Dawn (Olivia Bromley) made the decision she no longer wanted to work for Kim (Claire King). Gabby was quick to reassure Nicky that Thomas (Bertie Brotherton) would still need a nanny and that his job at Home Farm was safe.
Even so, Kim’s confirmation of this brought them both a sense of relief.
Gabby grabbed a bottle of champagne to toast her new position as Kim’s deputy after learning the news. She made the decision to kiss Nicky after a few drinks and leaned in. When he started to back away and said he didn’t like her that way, she was horrified.
In upcoming episodes, Nicky confesses that he really does like Gabby in that way, but he is reluctant to act in a way that might endanger his employment.
Lewis Cope warned us that if they got together, there might be trouble at Home Farm. Nicky sort of withdraws from the situation as he thinks, “We shouldn’t be doing this,” and focuses on his work.
Rosie Bentham, who plays him, believes that the audience will be just as eager as Gabby to see romance develop between the two, though she wouldn’t say whether or not it would.
It’s clear that they both have feelings for one another, she said. “I think the audience will be encouraging them to be honest because they see two young people who are attracted to one another, and it is crystal clear what they will want from that,” said the actor. But who knows if they will accept it or not?
- Emmerdale’s Mandy Dingle steps in to support Paddy after heartbreaking blow
- Coronation Street’s Billy Mayhew star feels ‘pressure’ with MND plot after family death
- EastEnders family torn apart as Karen Taylor fights for custody of Albie
- Coronation Street fans point out ‘flaw’ in Paul Foreman illness story
- Emmerdale exit as fans plead with soap to get rid of ‘irritating’ character
- Emmerdale’s Kim Tate loses Home Farm as fans ‘work out’ who Caleb is working for