The character decides to take another chance at love.
Emmerdale’s Mary Goskirk is ready to get back in the game as she is determined to find love in an upcoming storyline.
Rhona’s (Zoe Henry) mum, played by Louise Jameson, will put herself out there as she searches for a potential partner on a dating app.
In scenes airing this week, Mary confides in her friend Rodney Blackstock (Patrick Mower), revealing she has downloaded a dating app. She enlists his help to pick a suitable match. Will she find what she’s looking for?
Since she first arrived in the village, Mary has never been married. She revealed her sexual orientation to Kim Tate (Claire King) in an emotional coming-out scene the previous year.
She also confronted Rhona, who had a hard time accepting her mother’s sexuality after she fell in love with a neighbor woman who had passed away.
Jameson hinted that Mary’s character might soon find a new love interest when discussing her romantic future.
She stated to Inside Soap in August of last year, “I strongly suspect there’s going to be a love interest.”
I pondered whether Kim might be involved, but that might ruin our friendship, so I predict they’ll bring in a fresh face.
We’re interested to see who Rhona’s mother will select as her first date in a long time, even though it currently seems unlikely that Kim might be the one for Mary.
- Emmerdale’s Mandy Dingle steps in to support Paddy after heartbreaking blow
- Coronation Street’s Billy Mayhew star feels ‘pressure’ with MND plot after family death
- EastEnders family torn apart as Karen Taylor fights for custody of Albie
- Coronation Street fans point out ‘flaw’ in Paul Foreman illness story
- Emmerdale exit as fans plead with soap to get rid of ‘irritating’ character