As actress Amy Robbins debuts on Coronation Street in January, there will be new blood on the cobblestones.
Despite having previously appeared in Doctors, Holby City, Casualty, Hollyoaks, EastEnders, and Emmerdale, Amy will be making her Weatherfield debut.
She played Karen Taylor’s (Lorraine Stanley) girlfriend, Caren, during her time on EastEnders, and she has appeared in numerous episodes of Doctors, Casualty, and Holby in a variety of roles.
Her most recent soap appearance was in the Emmerdale village during the trial of serial killer Meena (Paige Sandhu), where she played Defense Attorney Milligan.
It has been said that Amy, who is the aunt of TV star Emily Atack, will play the role of Christine in Coronation Street; the mum of Daisy Midgeley (Charlotte Jordan).
‘The arrival of Daisy’s mum will really up-end her life, viewers will have a lot of questions needing answered,’ a source told thesuns.info
‘With Daisy settled with Daniel, she won’t be happy to see the woman who has flitted in and out of her life.
‘As Daisy’s past is explored, a lot of who she is and why will be explored.
‘There are going to be some really interesting scenes.’
Amy is not the only member of her family to have branched into acting, as her older sister, Kate Robbins, has also appeared in EastEnders, Doctors, Holby City and Casualty.
- EastEnders spoilers: Serious danger for killer Bobby as Cindy Beale returns from the dead for revenge
- Emmerdale star hints at tragic ending for Charity Dingle as Chloe fights for Mack
- Coronation Street exit for Evelyn Plummer as she’s left heartbroken by Roy Cropper
- Emmerdale spoilers: Manpreet’s fury in injury drama
- Emmerdale clash as Manpreet Sharma’s suspicions about Claudette are confirmed
- EastEnders chaos as Linda Carter left furious over her mum’s betrayal