Although Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) is ecstatic about becoming a mother for the first time, she was initially shocked to learn she was expecting on EastEnders.
Whitney’s friends Chelsea (Zaraah Abrahams), Sonia (Natalie Cassidy), Felix (Matthew Morrison), and Finlay (Ashley Byam) have joined her at the scans, but the baby’s father Zack (James Farrar) has significantly retreated.
We are aware that Zack is separating himself from Whit as a result of his positive HIV test.
The following week, Zack confides in Sam (Kim Medcalf), who prompts him to tell Whitney the truth despite his reluctance to do so.
As Zack attempts to come to a decision, Whitney attends another scan, but Doctor Lane reveal that her ultrasound has flagged up a situation with the baby.
The next day, Whitney feels dazed after yesterday’s news and later updates Zack, but will this encourage him to be there for Whit and the baby?
Discussing Zack’s new storyline, Chris Clenshaw, Executive Producer said: ‘EastEnders has never shied away from covering sensitive issues and Zack’s story is one of these.
‘There are still so many myths and disinformation surrounding HIV, so working closely with Terrence Higgins Trust has enabled us to really understand what it is like for those that are diagnosed with HIV and we hope that this storyline will bring more awareness of HIV and what it is like to live with the virus in 2023.’
- Emmerdale’s Charley Webb pens emotional tribute to her mum and her Alzheimer’s battle
- Emmerdale’s Gemma Atkinson hits back at ‘mum-shaming trolls’ who labelled her ‘tubby’
- Emmerdale’s Cain Dingle star has ‘worked out’ Caleb Milligan’s hidden agenda
- Coronation Street: ‘Everything goes wrong’ on Daisy and Daniel’s big day
- Coronation Street wedding horror as Justin Rutherford attacks Daisy Midgely with acid
- Emmerdale’s Amelia Spencer makes life-changing decision after Samson Dingle betrayal