Shirley Carter (Linda Henry), who has reached her lowest point and is blaming herself for the apparent death of her son Mick, has broken the hearts of EastEnders viewers (Danny Dyer).
After receiving radio silence from Shirl, worried friends Denise Fox (Diane Parish) and Jean Slater (Gillian Wright) entered the Queen Vic.
Despite Shirley’s adamant requests to be left alone and her slumped position on the ground following a vodka binge, they persisted, determined to assist her in her hour of need.
Shirley broke down and said she couldn’t spend months hanging on to hope that isn’t there as Denise attempted to calm her down with coffee and toast (if only it were that easy!).acted in Tina.
As her helpless friends looked on, Shirley told them that she has to accept that Mick is dead – and it’s her fault.
She continued by saying that, like when it came to Gray and Tina, she didn’t step in to help Janine (Charlie Brooks).
We all know that Shirley had misgivings about the two bad guys, and she is now hating herself for not acting.
Shirley received immediate support from Denise and Jean, who assured her that Janine is to blame for what happened to Mick.
Scarlett let herself in and wanted to apologize for not telling Shirl about Janine lying when she was asked, just as Shirl was beginning to calm down.
The proverbial straw that broke Shirley’s back was this, and she lost her cool and yelled at the child to leave.
Shirley’s road to healing from her loss appears to be a long one.
- Emmerdale’s Charley Webb pens emotional tribute to her mum and her Alzheimer’s battle
- Emmerdale’s Gemma Atkinson hits back at ‘mum-shaming trolls’ who labelled her ‘tubby’
- Emmerdale’s Cain Dingle star has ‘worked out’ Caleb Milligan’s hidden agenda
- Coronation Street: ‘Everything goes wrong’ on Daisy and Daniel’s big day
- Coronation Street wedding horror as Justin Rutherford attacks Daisy Midgely with acid
- Emmerdale’s Amelia Spencer makes life-changing decision after Samson Dingle betrayal