A lot will be on Lola Pearce’s plate in upcoming EastEnders episodes, played by Danielle Harold.
She is getting married to Jay (Jamie Borthwick), the love of her life, but this most joyous of occasions is marred by the knowledge that she is dying from a brain tumor that was discovered last year and they may not have long together.
Lola confides in her maid of honor, Kim (Tameka Empson), that she is feeling terribly ill as she is getting ready on the actual wedding day. Lola begins to question getting married at all as Kim and Denise (Diane Parish) assist her in getting ready. Kim tries to convince her that every moment is valuable and that she should maximize it by tying the knot with the love of her life.
As Lola’s condition worsens, Kim decides that they must take her to the hospital. When Lola informs Kim that she has decided she cannot marry Jay today while they are there, Kim is shocked.
While waiting for his bride to show up, Jay is left alone at the location, and as the minutes pass, he grows anxious.
He is relieved to see Lola eventually, but she informs him that they must speak privately.
Will she postpone the nuptials?
- Emmerdale’s Mandy Dingle steps in to support Paddy after heartbreaking blow
- Coronation Street’s Billy Mayhew star feels ‘pressure’ with MND plot after family death
- EastEnders family torn apart as Karen Taylor fights for custody of Albie
- Coronation Street fans point out ‘flaw’ in Paul Foreman illness story
- Emmerdale exit as fans plead with soap to get rid of ‘irritating’ character
- Emmerdale’s Kim Tate loses Home Farm as fans ‘work out’ who Caleb is working for