“it’s something that we as a show haven’t done before.”
Kellie Bright will be in charge of a brand-new narrative that will be “groundbreaking” and unheard of in EastEnders, according to Chris Clenshaw, the show’s executive producer.
After Mick left, viewers were left wondering how Linda would carry on with her life in Albert Square, but EastEnders boss Chris clarified in the plot that will begin in February: “Linda’s still very much at the heart of Albert Square and it’s so fantastic to have Kellie.
“She’s not going to get over Mick very quickly. She was just reunited with him then he was snatched away from her so it won’t be all smiles straight away, but there are big plans for Linda.
“She’s going to start shooting something in January that goes out in February and it’s something that we as a show haven’t done before. Linda’s at the centre of that.”
“There is a question mark over the future of The Vic at the moment”, he said. “Kellie knows what’s happening and we know what’s happening with the Vic. It’s very exciting.”
Speaking about the upcoming storyline, Kellie Bright who plays Linda, said: “I do know a little bit about what’s in store for Linda but I can’t tell anyone! I’ve only just found out myself and I’m excited about it which is really good.”
What could it be?
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.
- EastEnders family torn apart as Karen Taylor fights for custody of Albie
- Coronation Street fans point out ‘flaw’ in Paul Foreman illness story
- Emmerdale exit as fans plead with soap to get rid of ‘irritating’ character
- Emmerdale’s Kim Tate loses Home Farm as fans ‘work out’ who Caleb is working for
- Coronation Street fans ‘work out’ sinister truth behind death of Evelyn’s dog
- Emmerdale double pregnancy as fans ‘work out’ another Mackenzie Boyd betrayal