The star called EastEnders her “family”.
Maisie Smith, who has intermittently played Tiffany Butcher on EastEnders since 2008, has said she might return to Walford even though she left the show in 2021 to concentrate on other endeavors.
The moment I left, they told me, “We’re so excited to see what you’re going to do, but you’re always welcome to come back and reunite the family,” and I replied, “Absolutely,” she said in a conversation with Inside Soap.
“I told them to call me if they ever needed me. I don’t believe anyone ever really leaves because I have so many family members there among the cast and crew. That is what makes EastEnders appealing. There is always a place for you.
Tiff was last seen by viewers returning to Albert Square to stand by her ex-husband Keegan (Zack Morris). With their joint departure for Germany, the couple’s story finally had a happy ending.
On the soap opera, however, happy endings are not always guaranteed, so it wouldn’t be shocking to see Tiff back in Albert Square.
Smith has participated in Strictly Come Dancing since leaving the soap opera, where she made it to the season final, and most recently put her fitness prowess to the test in Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins.
Nina Wadia, a fellow former EastEnders actor, recently hinted at a potential return as Zainab Masood, saying, “Never say never.”
- EastEnders spoilers: Serious danger for killer Bobby as Cindy Beale returns from the dead for revenge
- Emmerdale star hints at tragic ending for Charity Dingle as Chloe fights for Mack
- Coronation Street exit for Evelyn Plummer as she’s left heartbroken by Roy Cropper
- Emmerdale spoilers: Manpreet’s fury in injury drama
- Emmerdale clash as Manpreet Sharma’s suspicions about Claudette are confirmed