In Coronation Street, Roy Cropper (David Neilson)’s stroll with Freddie the dog and Evelyn Plummer (Maureen Lipman) went south because of his persistent breathing issues and chest pains.
Roy is still unsure of what is wrong with his health, but he has been having trouble ever since he and Evelyn had to leave a salsa lesson a few weeks ago.
Roy had seen a doctor and is waiting for a specialist appointment, but Evelyn urged her buddy to follow up tonight because it was obvious Roy’s troubles were far worse than they had previously suspected.
Evelyn was conversing with Roy while walking Freddie the dog.
Evelyn was too preoccupied with her own chat to realize Roy needed assistance.
They sat down in Victoria Garden and waited for the challenging emotions to pass once he ultimately caught Evelyn’s attention.
Roy assured Evelyn that his elevated blood pressure was probably nothing to worry about, but the plot will ultimately have Roy have surgery in a hospital.
He will give Evelyn a stack of letters for his loved ones, telling her to only distribute them if he doesn’t make it out alive.
Evelyn will read the envelope against Roy’s desires because it is addressed to her and she is touched to learn how much he values her.
Will Evelyn ever find the right time to express her feelings to Roy?
- EastEnders spoilers: Serious danger for killer Bobby as Cindy Beale returns from the dead for revenge
- Emmerdale star hints at tragic ending for Charity Dingle as Chloe fights for Mack
- Coronation Street exit for Evelyn Plummer as she’s left heartbroken by Roy Cropper
- Emmerdale spoilers: Manpreet’s fury in injury drama
- Emmerdale clash as Manpreet Sharma’s suspicions about Claudette are confirmed
- EastEnders chaos as Linda Carter left furious over her mum’s betrayal