Coronation Street could be lining up another murder victim for Stephen Reid, as a new character makes his cobbles debut.
Former Hollyoaks star Ben Hull has joined the cast of the ITV soap in the form of Owen, who will be a new love interest for Jenny Connor (Sally Ann Matthews).
‘Smooth-talking Owen will set the cat among the pigeons as the rep for an American company interested in Sarah and Michael’s new business,’ a teaser in Inside Soap revealed.
‘But it’s not just loungewear that Owen sets his sights on, once Jenny catches his eye.’
Winning Jenny’s affection, however, could be the least of Owen’s worries, as he might become the next target of serial killer Stephen, who won’t take too kindly to some competition.
‘Stephen has invested in Michael and Sarah’s business, and won’t take kindly to someone muscling in on his turf, the source continued. ‘Is Owen set to give Stephen a run for his money?’
What exactly lies ahead for Owen remains to be seen, but could he perhaps become Stephen’s next victim?
The killer, as viewers know, has claimed two lives thus far. Leo Thompkins and that of his dad, Teddy.
You’ll just have to tune in to find out what happens.
Actor Ben, meanwhile, is best known for his work on Hollyoaks, where he portrayed Lewis Richardson between 1995 and 1998.
- Emmerdale fans ‘work out’ two village legends rekindle romance
- Coronation street spoiler video shows looming Justin prepare to launch acid attack on Daisy
- Emmerdale star Danny Miller expecting second baby as wife Steph reveals she’s pregnant
- Coronation Street spoilers: Murder victim to drown as Stephen kills again
- Coronation Street couple torn apart as Beth Tinker ignores warning
- EastEnders teases major clues over Christmas Day murder