As Roy Cropper (David Neilson) has surgery after experiencing chest problems, he worries about his future in Coronation Street.
When Roy left Evelyn’s (Maureen Lipman) salsa session a few weeks back because he wasn’t feeling well, his breathing issues started.
This week, Roy’s issues continue, and after Evelyn calls for an ambulance while they are out for a walk with Freddie the dog, Roy winds up in the hospital.
Due to Roy’s mounting tension, he begins sleepwalking once more, which causes Freddie to sneak out of the café in the middle of the night through the front entrance.
Later, Roy makes the decision to inform Nina (Mollie Gallagher) of his surgery but forgets to inform her of the letters he has been writing.
He delivers them to Evelyn instead, telling her to only distribute them in the event that he is unable to.
Evelyn searches through the letters because she is curious and discovers one that is addressed to her.
In a desperate attempt to read what it says, she raises it up to the light.
Evelyn simply cannot resist perusing the letter as Roy’s procedure begins and is moved to learn how much she means to him.
However, Evelyn is surprised to discover Yasmeen (Shelley King) there when she arrives at the hospital.
Will Evelyn get the opportunity to be honest with Roy?
- EastEnders spoilers: Serious danger for killer Bobby as Cindy Beale returns from the dead for revenge
- Emmerdale star hints at tragic ending for Charity Dingle as Chloe fights for Mack
- Coronation Street exit for Evelyn Plummer as she’s left heartbroken by Roy Cropper
- Emmerdale spoilers: Manpreet’s fury in injury drama
- Emmerdale clash as Manpreet Sharma’s suspicions about Claudette are confirmed
- EastEnders chaos as Linda Carter left furious over her mum’s betrayal