Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) has been left fearing the worst after finding Carla Connor (Alison King) unwell in the pub in Coronation Street.
We know, of course, that Carla’s mental health has not taken a turn, as during tonight’s episode of the ITV soap, Stephen Reid (Todd Boyce) began to drug her with LSD.
This is being done because Stephen wants to destroy Carla as the Underworld boss, so he can take over.
After being demoted to Office Manager, Stephen’s fury led him to making a cuppa for his boss and lacing it with the hallucinogenic drug.
Before long, Carla’s colleagues noticed she was acting strangely.
In the pub, as the team enjoyed drinks, Carla’s behaviour got increasingly concerning. She was distant, confused, but tried to hold her own – the same things that happened in 2019, before she had a psychotic breakdown.
Carla’s mental health battle happened around the time Gary (Mikey North) made the Underworld roof collapse, which resulted in Rana Habeeb’s death.
Carla worked herself into the ground back then, and it was her stress levels that made Peter wonder if history was repeating itself.
Back at the flat, Peter gently tried to get through to Carla but she was staring into the middle distance, telling her partner she was looking at shapes – one of which looked like Ken Barlow (William Roache).
With the future unclear, we know Stephen will do whatever it takes to get what he wants, but does that mean completely destroying Carla along the way?
- EastEnders family torn apart as Karen Taylor fights for custody of Albie
- Coronation Street fans point out ‘flaw’ in Paul Foreman illness story
- Emmerdale exit as fans plead with soap to get rid of ‘irritating’ character
- Emmerdale’s Kim Tate loses Home Farm as fans ‘work out’ who Caleb is working for
- Coronation Street fans ‘work out’ sinister truth behind death of Evelyn’s dog
- Emmerdale double pregnancy as fans ‘work out’ another Mackenzie Boyd betrayal