It becomes very clear next week in Coronation Street that Damon Hay (Ciaran Griffiths) is having an absolutely lovely time winding Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) up.
We first met Damon as a businessman in the bistro. Initially, Nick was confused as to why the new face was being so friendly with him, but we then learnt that the money Harvey (Will Mellor) gave him actually belonged to Damon, so he technically now owns shares in the bistro.
While Damon got settled, Nick continued to keep the money situation a secret from Leanne (Jane Danson) but now the stakes are a lot higher, as he recently learnt from Jacob (Jack James Ryan) that his dad is also smuggling drugs through the restaurant.
As Nick watches Damon like a hawk, he is using his charm on just about everyone – including young Sam (Jude Riordan).
When Sam asks Damon for some tips on fighting, he’s more than happy to give out advice.
In school, Sam’s classmate, Conny, approaches but to her surprise, Sam is able to stand up to her.
Meanwhile, Nick takes a call from the school, informing him that Sam has been in a fight.
During a meeting, Sam explains about Damon’s advice and Nick is furious, but it leaves Leanne curious as to why her partner is overreacting.
Backed into a corner, Nick confesses to Leanne that Damon is Harvey’s brother and he’s using the bistro for drug deliveries, but how will she react?
- Emmerdale’s Mandy Dingle steps in to support Paddy after heartbreaking blow
- Coronation Street’s Billy Mayhew star feels ‘pressure’ with MND plot after family death
- EastEnders family torn apart as Karen Taylor fights for custody of Albie
- Coronation Street fans point out ‘flaw’ in Paul Foreman illness story
- Emmerdale exit as fans plead with soap to get rid of ‘irritating’ character
- Emmerdale’s Kim Tate loses Home Farm as fans ‘work out’ who Caleb is working for