Following a surprise gone wrong, Daisy Midgeley (Charlotte Jordan), engaged to Daniel Barlow (Rob Mallard), revealed a shocking secret to him in Coronation Street this evening (January 18).
Jenny Connor (Sally Ann Matthews), who was working on the guest list for Daniel and Daisy’s impending nuptials, noticed that Daisy had invited every other influencer she knew.
Daniel confided in Jenny that he wanted to invite Daisy’s old school friends to the wedding in an effort to surprise Daisy.
Daniel was able to find them thanks to Jenny’s memory and some assistance from Daisy’s school alumni page.
The surprise, however, was quickly ruined when Daisy noticed the alumni page and inquired as to what Daniel was up to.
To Daisy’s horror, he revealed what he had done, believing she would be happy.
Daisy then revealed the real reason she had decided against inviting any students.
When Daisy lost her brother Tom at the age of 16, it was understandable that she had difficulty in school. She felt bad for still being upset after only a few weeks, but her friendship group hadn’t been very understanding.
Daisy clarified that she preferred to invite individuals who respect her and help her grow in confidence to her wedding rather than people she has known for a very long time.
Daniel expressed his immediate understanding and promised to inform her schoolmates that they had been moved to the reserve guestlist in his response.
The fact that the couple was able to overcome this obstacle without difficulty begs the question, “Will everything else go as smoothly?”
- Emmerdale’s Charley Webb pens emotional tribute to her mum and her Alzheimer’s battle
- Emmerdale’s Gemma Atkinson hits back at ‘mum-shaming trolls’ who labelled her ‘tubby’
- Emmerdale’s Cain Dingle star has ‘worked out’ Caleb Milligan’s hidden agenda
- Coronation Street: ‘Everything goes wrong’ on Daisy and Daniel’s big day
- Coronation Street wedding horror as Justin Rutherford attacks Daisy Midgely with acid
- Emmerdale’s Amelia Spencer makes life-changing decision after Samson Dingle betrayal