Back in 2021 (yes, that long ago), Alya (Sair Khan) and Zeedan Nazir (Qasim Akhtar) failed to call an ambulance when evil Hashim was experiencing a heart attack in Coronation Street.
Hashim, Zeedan’s father-in-law, wanted to launder money through Speed Daal and started a fire in the restaurant as a warning message.
When his health deteriorated, the siblings knew that if they called an ambulance, there was every chance Hashim could survive and continue making their lives hell.
Throughout 2022, the storyline wasn’t really mentioned that much however, next week, we revisit Hashim’s brutal end as daughter Marrium returns to Weatherfield and tells Zeedan she cannot believe that he and Alya watched her Dad die in front of them.
Alya runs into Marrium in the cafe and informs her that she shares equal responsibility for Hashim’s passing with Zeedan.
Alya informs her brother that she doesn’t require protection and chooses to resume her employment at Speed Daal after realizing that Zeedan is putting his relationship at risk for her benefit.
Zeedan informs Alya that, whether she likes it or not, he will remain because family must always come first at No. 6.
So, is that the end of the matter when it comes to Hashim?
Or will Marrium go to the police?
- EastEnders family torn apart as Karen Taylor fights for custody of Albie
- Coronation Street fans point out ‘flaw’ in Paul Foreman illness story
- Emmerdale exit as fans plead with soap to get rid of ‘irritating’ character
- Emmerdale’s Kim Tate loses Home Farm as fans ‘work out’ who Caleb is working for
- Coronation Street fans ‘work out’ sinister truth behind death of Evelyn’s dog
- Emmerdale double pregnancy as fans ‘work out’ another Mackenzie Boyd betrayal